We are looking for a Senior Radiologic Technologist for the Radiology HH Department at NorCal HealthConnect.
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 32 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days (variable)
Under the direction of a staff radiologist, prepares patients for diagnostic radiographic images for use in the diagnosis of our patients. Operates imaging equipment, processes CR cassettes, prepares exam rooms, and maintains equipment, supplies and contrast. Images wisely following ALARA department policies. Is able to transports patients to and from the department safely and efficiently. Assists in the Departmental quality improvement program as directed and assigned. Available for standby as required, and performs other related duties as appropriate and assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and consistently practices, radiation safety and protection (ALARA).
- Properly sets up and uses fixed and portable radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment. Reports equipment malfunctions to department manager.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of positioning and exposure of routine radiographic procedures.
- Properly sets up, positions, assists the radiologist, and completes invasive and special procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to function as a Radiologic Technologist in the Operating Suite.
- Troubleshoots and corrects CR, DR, PACS, HMS, and Med Info problems.
- Maintains work area in a clean, neat state. Removes dirty linen after each patient. Disinfects room and equipment as necessary.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Independently performs imaging procedures and related functions.
- Interacts professionally with patient, family, co-workers, and medical staff.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports any change in patient condition to emergency room or patient’s nurse.
- Practices universal precautions and hand washing standards in our hospital wide policies.
- Follows departmental procedures when performing clerical functions (i.e. releasing Cd’s or reports, order entry, procedures and supply charging, etc.).
- Thoroughly explains procedure to patients and/or family and answers questions prior to exams. Has appropriate paperwork for procedure completed.
- Uses available supplies or equipment to keep patients safe and comfortable and protect their privacy.
- Plans and utilizes work time for optimum personal productivity and the efficiency of the department.
- Stroke Program – Takes an active role in job specific stroke education and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the department’s objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Excellent radiology skills.
- Computer and writing skills.
- Multitasking and high attention to detail.
- Decision making skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Medical terminology and human skeletal anatomy.
- Honesty, sincerity, flexible, superior work ethic, and respectful.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Associate's Degree in Radiologic Technology.
Experience : 1 year of experience in acute care hospital or imaging facility as a Radiologic Technologist.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) RT.
- Current permit in Diagnostic Radiologic Technology from California Department of Public Health.
- Fluoroscopy Permit and Venipuncture certificate within 6 months if from outside of California.
- Needs one of the following: CT, Mammography, or MR certificate from ARRT.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 1 year of CT experience on Multi-Sliced scanner 64 or higher.
- Mammography experience on digital equipment.
- 2 years MR experience in hospital or clinic.
License/Certification: Fluoroscopy and Venipuncture certificate.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R334148