1. Delivers a prescribed and planned course of radiation therapy to patients, answers patient questions, and explains procedures.
2. Assists in tumor localization and dosimetry procedures.
3. Prepares rooms and equipment for patients, stocks rooms with linens and supplies, and orders equipment and supplies as needed.
4. Prepares chart for patient treatment, and takes and reviews images for physician approval.
5. Interfaces with the physicist, imaging personnel and dosimetry to simulate and initiate treatment. Consults with supportive care staff to provide high quality patient care.
6. Reinforces recommendations given to patients by the physician, nurse, dietitian, etc., concerning the reaction to treatment and care of the radiated area, and prevention or treatment of generalized and local side effects.
7. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, professional affiliations, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
8. Changes therapy as ordered and performs chart checks in preparation for participation in weekly patient chart rounds.
9. Role models the principles of a Just Culture
10. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.