Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician (RN) PHC (Full time/Variable Shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in MIssion Hills, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking a Nurse Clinician (RN) PHC who will provide clinical expertise for patients and staff on assigned nursing/clinical department. Ensure ongoing education of staff based on identified learning needs. Assist in the direct care of patients (e.g. infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics) where applicable to subspecialty.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and role model compliance with established department policies and procedures, objectives, improving organization performance program, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops
- Plan, develop, implement, and/or coordinate educational programs/activities; provide and promote growth development opportunities for staff
- Provide assistance/guidance with the daily operations within assigned unit/departments(s) as requested/negotiated
- Attend administrative meetings, participate on or coordinate multidisciplinary patient care/medical center/service area committees as assigned. Assume responsibility for disseminating and communicating information to staff
- Coordinate the orientation of new personnel and the ongoing inservice of the staff on the assigned units/departments consistent with the organizational objectives, current JCAHO, Title 22 and other regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and provide education to health care providers in the use of equipment and new procedures
- Participate in/coordinate performance monitoring/improvement activities within assigned units, medical center, and/or service area; assist with the implementation of corrective actions as necessary
- Maintain awareness of organizational performance improvement studies applicable to assigned areas; assists with implementation of practice changes as necessary
- Coordinate and/or participate in unit/medical center product evaluations and standardization activities
- Assist patients and families as needed in times of stress or crisis
- Assist with staffing support in time of need to provide adequate coverage of assigned unit(s)
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- Monitor patient condition within standards of nursing subspecialty and reports changes to appropriate personnel, evaluate outcomes, and facilitate the revision of the plan of care as indicated
- Demonstrate/role model sensitivity to patients' rights, comfort, privacy and dignity to ensure optimal patient care
- Act as a resource person regarding assigned unit policies, procedures, supplies, equipment functioning, communications and reporting mechanisms
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, within 2 years
- Current BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support - for Healthcare Providers - American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) - CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date
- Current Los Angeles City Fire Safety Card within 30 days upon date of hire
- Current California Licensed Registered Nurse
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years clinical education experience in the specific nursing service-line
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 296211