We are looking for an Occupational Therapist for the Occupational Therapy-SRM Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The practice of occupational therapy shall include assessment, treatment planning, and implementation, education, communication and demonstration of leadership to address the needs of patients and their families as well as to foster a positive working relationship among professionals and ancillary staff. Position requires general supervision.
- Comprehensively assesses the functional needs of the patient and sets appropriate goals for the patient. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as needed. Reassesses patient’s functional needs and adjusts care plan as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Demonstrates understanding of Medicare regulations as they relate to medical necessity, sustained functional improvement, reasonable frequency and duration of treatments and documentation procedures. Uses advanced beneficiary notification procedure when appropriate.
- Establishes measurable STG & LTG with time frames in appropriate sequence. Consistently works to achieve functional goals seen in daily documentation and selecting appropriate therapeutic methods to accomplish treatment goals. Educates patient and family concerning diagnosis, goals and home program.
- Demonstrates professional, appropriate verbal and written communication skills with client's/patient's treating physician and other associated health care personnel.
- Adheres to the rules regarding standards of practice and ethics of regulatory agencies. Complies with current licensure laws and rules related to aides and assistants. Assures that licensure requirements for annual renewal are met in a timely manner.
- Adheres to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality and improvement programs, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintains client's/patient's medical record accurately, completely, neatly and in a timely manner. (The record should contain current prescription, initial evaluation, daily notes, progress notes, any patient precautions or complications, discharge summary, etc.). Also completes accurately any other patient related correspondence.
- Provides direction and leadership to support staff, students and new graduates.
- Enhances professional growth and development of self and others through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Manages and safeguards patients/clients with medical complications appropriately.
- Demonstrates competence in design and/or manufacture, and/or adjustment of assistive or orthotic devices for the client/patient.
- Demonstrates skills in the administration of pre-driving and driving evaluations for the rehabilitation department
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Organizational Skills.
- Knowledge of practice and principles of Occupational Therapy.
- Skilled in critical thinking, problem solving, gaining new knowledge and abilities
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Graduation from an accredited occupational therapy school.
Experience: 2 years occupational Therapy.
- California license or eligible.
- CPR certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year Rehabilitation experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: R332892