We are looking for a Radiation Therapist for the AMG Round Barn Radiation Therapy Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the direction of the department manager and supervision of the lead therapist, performs treatments utilizing all modern radiotherapy techniques, wedged filtration, arc rotations, tangential irradiation and extended field irradiation according to the department standards.
- Operates the linear accelerators and all specialization accessories inherent to each in accordance with the radiation oncologist's prescription and description and department standards.
- Responsible for patient treatment schedules, for patient set-ups and for charting of radiation exposures.
- Responsible for warm-up, simple preventative maintenance, and smooth functioning of linear accelerator.
- Responsible for obtaining field film checks for any field changes for which localization films are considered necessary and review of same with radiation oncologist.
- Operates simulation equipment, records treatment parameters and physical dimensions, and prepares documentation for the treatment plan.
- Exposes and develops x-ray, simulation, and portal verification films or instructs Radiation Therapy Assistant to perform these duties.
- Prepares and uses patient immobilization devices and beam modifiers.
- Performs simple dosimetric calculations, to be checked by the dosimetrist.
- Demonstrates and maintains proper communications skills and have the ability to get along with the public, co-workers and supervisors.
- Reports specific changes in or concerns about the patient's physical and mental status to the radiation oncology nurse and physicians.
- Performs limited billing functions.
- Collaborates effectively with physicians and patients.
- Computer skills at a user-level.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulatory documents, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with patients and employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumferences and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to concentrate on details in a busy and distracting environment.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Satisfactory completion of formal therapeutic radiological technology training at an approved school.
- Meets requirements for registry by the ARRT in radiotherapy.
- Certificate as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) in therapeutic technology from the State of California.
- Current CPR (BLS) certificate.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Radiation Therapy
Req ID: R311834