We are looking for a Speech and Language Pathologist for the HCN Sonoma Home Health Direct Department at St Joseph Home Care Network.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The practice of speech-language pathology shall include assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, communication and demonstration of techniques addressing speech-language, cognitive and swallowing disorders to meet the needs of patients and their families. Requires minimum supervision.
- Completes all assessments/evaluations, including comprehensive assessment of speech-language, cognitive and swallowing deficits at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy, accurately and timely. May complete OASIS if indicated.
- Develops a plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician orders including frequency and duration of speech pathology visits, specific interventions, appropriate goals, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Documents the assessments/evaluations and plan of care in the HER, documents and synchronizes by 10:00 AM the following day.
- Performs and documents speech pathology interventions including patient education according to the plan of care and adapts these as patients’ needs change.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community resource agencies timely.
- Participates in patient care conferences, and team meetings as indicated
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team player to support the team and Agency needs.
- Demonstrates customer service skills
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Completes necessary education to attain Speech Therapy license in the state of California.
- California licensure by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology board.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- California Driver's License.
- Current auto liability insurance
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 1 year Clinical experience as a Speech Pathologist.
- Home Health experience as a Speech Pathologist.
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: R332731