We are looking for a Medical Assistant with the HUM Walford OB-GYN Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Medical Assistant (MA II) works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant (MA II) performs all aspects of the Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. An Medical Assistant (MA II) is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Associate Medical Assistant (MA I).
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient needs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local laws relating to position and patient care.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
- Increasingly expanded knowledge of principles and practices governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work with minimal oversight.
- Must possess expanded knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accountability with increasing responsibilities
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
- 6 months Healthcare experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
- Required: Effective 7/1/2021, all newly hired MA’s are required to have a current California state MA certification or National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant.
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will have 12 months to obtain their California state or National MA certification as listed above.
- Required upon hire: Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Coursework/Training: Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate
Licenses and Certifications: Preferred upon hire: active CA State MA certification or active national certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R331618