We are looking for a Physical Therapist for the Physical Therapy Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for completing evaluations, developing written treatment plans, and providing on-going treatments that are designed to improve the patient's functional status in conjunction with overall treatment objectives.
Patient Rights and Organization Ethics:
• Ensures patient dignity and respects patient values.
• Operates within ethical standards.
Assessment of Patients:
• Assesses the patient’s physical therapy needs, problems, and strengths following the patient’s entry into the program.
• Obtains information related to the patient’s needs in the areas of mobility, endurance, and physical function.
• Evaluates patient’s ambulation/gait, mobility and transfers, endurance, and ability for wheelchair activities.
• Completes physical therapy assessment on each patient as part of the transdisciplinary team assessment within designated time frame.
Care of Patients:
• Evaluates, plans and administers standard diagnostic and prognostic examination and treatment of muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability as indicated by the patient’s presenting condition and diagnosis.
• Provides specific patient interventions based on diagnostic finding and patient’s functional focus.
• Provides specific patient intervention in the areas of ambulation, mobility, transfers, endurance and balance.
• Participates consistently in team meetings, reporting the results of assessments, interventions and planning for the continued treatment and discharge or patients and families.
• Participates in treatment planning process, including discharge planning and regular evaluation and update of patient centered treatment plans.
• Plans and conducts scheduled physical therapy group sessions/programs and individual sessions as needed in accordance with the transdisciplinary treatment plan and daily priorities of patients and needs of the unit.
• Adapts group and individual activities and goals to meet the needs of the patients.
• Provides supervision of patients on therapeutic trips, when assigned.
• Assists with orientation of patients and families to the unit and the program.
• Reports to charge nurse or other appropriate staff all pertinent patient/unit observations/actions in order to ensure continuity of care.
• Demonstrate consideration of resource management.
• Participates in patient teaching by working directly with the patient/family and the transdisciplinary team to identify and meet education needs.
• Provides ongoing education to patient and family as needed.
• Develops and promotes educational and public service information programs in cooperation with the client hospital and in consideration of overall marketing strategy.
Continuum of Care:
• Provides resources and support for patients before, during and after treatment of patient.
• Participates in discharge/aftercare planning by working with the transdisciplinary team to identify and meet patient and/or family needs as documented in the patient care plan.
• Participate in and/or facilitates community meetings, activity groups and patient education groups.
• Participates in preparing the patient/family for discharge by providing the necessary discharge teaching to the patient and family and documenting the same.
• Participates in and conducts community and professional education programs as requested.
Management of the Environment of Care: Ensures facility is safe and reports deficiencies to supervisor.
Management of Human Resources:
• Completes all required competencies per program regulations.
• Participates in orientation of new employees.
• Attends in-services, seminars, etc., to promote learning.
Management of Information:
• Ensures confidentiality of all information encountered.
• Completes routine paperwork within the prescribed time frames and efficiently documents on appropriate forms all required, pertinent and meaningful observations and information.
Surveillance, Prevention and Control of Infection: Utilizes universal precautions at all times to prevent and control infection.
• Improving Organizational Performance:
◦ Communicates results and trends to supervisor.
◦ Provides feedback to supervisor on an on-going basis in regards to concerns, improvements, changes, etc.
◦ Identifies areas needing improvement and utilizes the facility performance improvement process. Actively participates in comprehensive program evaluation system.
Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication.
- Organizational skills.
- Verbal skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Customer Relations skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Grammar / Spelling skills.
- Computer skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy; graduation from accredited college or university.
- State licensure for PT, or eligibility for licensure.
- BLS (American Heart Association)
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year experience (preferred).
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: R330688