|Redmond Care and Rehabilitation in Redmond, WA,
is seeking a dynamic Occupational Therapist to manage our in-house therapy team as a Director of Rehabilitation and help us in providing outstanding programs and services to our deserving patients. In return for your clinical expertise and professional passion, we can offer you unlimited business development opportunity, a strong facility team with excellent administration and nursing, a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, and a culture which promotes ownership and facility level decision making.
Redmond Care receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has come to life in these facility teams and is evident in the ownership, passion, and celebration found in their departments every day. In addition, Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities.
The Director of Rehabilitation is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility's rehabilitation department to include supervision of the rehab staff and all related administrative duties. This position is classified as a salaried-exempt position and warrants that the facility rehab department needs a full time director with at least 50% of the time allocated to the management of the department.
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare A rehab cases under the PPS system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics, to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PDPM preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.