We are looking for a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for the HUM 23rdstreet Cardiology Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
This position prepares, measures, and administers radiopharmaceuticals in diagnostic and therapeutic studies by performing the following duties.
- Prepares stock solutions of radiopharmaceutical materials, calculates doses, and administers doses under directions of the Radiologist and Radiation Safety Officer. Calibrates equipment.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as prescribed by the radiologist using scanners or scintillation cameras in anatomic and physiologic studies to produce images on photographic film.
- Measures radioactivity, using Geiger counters, dose calibrators, scalers, and scintillation detectors.
- By utilizing proper venipuncture skills or by oral dosage, administers diagnostic doses of radiopharmaceutical under direction of the radiologist. Assists in administration of therapeutic doses by the radiologist or oncologist.
- Follows radiation safety techniques in use, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Possess ability to provide for professional patient care. Able to illicit patient cooperation and understanding with respect to a given procedure.
- Performs quality control procedures on a daily basis.
- Responsible for basic equipment maintained.
- Provides organized record keeping system to ensure proper documentation of radiopharmaceutical use. Responsible for storage of Q.C. documentation, patient logs, and isotope records in Nuclear Medicine.
- Restocks supplies and assesses inventory.
- Troubleshoots instrument problems.
- Keep licensure current, and responsible for storage of records, and patient logs.
- Uses computer system to gather diagnostic information and images and to process data evaluating body systems.
- Accurately places orders for radiopharmaceuticals from designated radiopharmacies.
- Fields questions from interested parties regarding nuclear medicine and application of radioisotopes.
- Reviews and summarizes monthly delivery receipts of radioisotopes and other stocks and prepares reports for Accounting.
- Prepares billing for procedures and materials used.
- Works with Oncology Research department for new studies.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety needles and devices, “sharps” container and contaminated materials.
- Continuing education as prescribed by the California Department of Health.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, procedure manuals, and submissions of licensing.
- Ability to speak effectively with patients, employees, and medical personnel.
- Ability to interview patients for personal medical history.
- Advanced mathematical skills, including patient dosage, radioactive decay calculations.
- Uses calculators and computers to make calculations.
- Plots graphs using integrals and logarithmic functions.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with oxymoron variables in individual situations.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment with regard to patients’ abilities, use of radioisotopes and pharmaceuticals, sharp objects, and biohazardous materials.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Completion of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist Program.
Experience: 2 years experience in ambulatory or acute cardiac setting.
- Current California Nuclear Medicine Technologist License.
- Current ARRT – NM certification.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R328718