We are looking for an Interventional Radiology (IR) and Cath Lab Technologist for the Cardiac Cath Lab - Invasive Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 10-Hour, Days
Call Requirement: 8 days on call required per month including 1 weekend
Under general supervision the Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist assists Cardiologists and Radiologists in the performance of interventional angiographic and therapeutic procedures for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients by imaging, monitoring, or scrub assisting for these physicians while maintaining a safe quality patient environment. Is proficient in required competencies.
- Sets up and operates radiographic equipment to obtain, digital subtraction, angiography conventional, and fluoroscopy exams. Performs quality and timely radiologic and interventional procedures, demonstrating thorough knowledge of radiographic equipment to support accurate medical diagnosis. Appropriately prepares and positions patients for procedures or exams.
- Assists Cardiologists, Interventionists and Radiologist in procedures as a scrub technician to expedite the flow of interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures by knowing the preparation and use of cardiovascular and/or interventional catheters, associated procedure trays and equipment, and assisting in their use and makes recommendations to expedite that flow.
- Completes requisitions, patient exam documentation and patient charges. Performs post procedure processing where information is immediately available for the physician for post procedure diagnoses.
- Completes and accurately documents individual and routine assignments as required or requested.
- Assists in the post procedure care of the angiography’s patient being utilized in the capacity of obtaining hemostasis on femoral, brachial and axillary’s arterial and venous punctures, recognizing, and addressing the age-related needs of the specific population served.
- I.R/Cath Lab Techs working in Cath Lab Services monitor patient hemodynamics during and after interventional and/or cardiac procedure anticipating interventions. Process accurate hemodynamic data results as a part of the patient record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for routine contact with employees, physicians, patients, and patient’s families.
- Visual capabilities to observe patients and equipment.
- Excellent radiation safety skills to include wearing lead protection as well protective measures and patient safety measures/precautions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination in working with delicate equipment.
- Bodies of knowledge including:
- Physics, math, anatomy, computer basics, basic hemodynamic principles, film processing, basic electronics.
- Knowledge of purpose or function of various guide wires and catheters.
- Knowledge of contrast materials and contrast reaction interventions.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Ability to move and position adult and pediatric patients.
- Ability to handle intense situations.
- Ability to perform necessary procedures and knowledge of age specific protocols.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Formal training in radiology procedures or equivalent educ/experience
- California Fluoroscopy Permit.
- Healthcare Provider level BLS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Participation in continuing education program
Experience: Two (2) years experience in a special procedures or Cardiovascular Lab.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Cardiopulmonary Technologist
Req ID: R327851