We are looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist with the HUM 23rdstreet Lab at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 biweekly hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Assists physicians in the diagnosis of patient illness by performing laboratory analysis requiring a complete network of steps and variables. Range of steps includes identification of problem and cause development of alternatives and solutions and confirmation of results. Provides assistance to the clinic physician and nurse in preparation and examination of patients. This job may require an employee to be responsible for the assessment, treatment, or care of child, adult and geriatric patients. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Providence mission, vision and values.
- Identify abnormal test results and following through to identify the probable cause. Assume the responsibilities on quality control and quality assurance issues.
- Remaining current in a technological field that is rapidly changing.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing workload and volume demands.
- Expand skills beyond Laboratory Technology to help attain maximum efficiency in patient flow and to promote team approach to patient care.
- Meeting the diverse needs of multiple customers across a large geographic region.
- Effectively prioritizing and organizing multiple demands.
- Follows the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the Laboratory Supervisor or Laboratory Manager.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Follows all safety guidelines as outlined in the Laboratory Safety Manual.
- Organizes work so that procedures are performed within established turnaround times.
- Regularly demonstrates the ability to coordinate a simultaneous series of tests with complete accuracy. Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to stat orders and fluctuations in patient workload.
- Performs blood collection duties when required, in a timely manner to ensure availability of test results.
- Acts as a resource to other staff members within the Laboratory and medical practice.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge and skill on Laboratory Information System.
- Aids in collection of quality assurance data and compilations.
- Provides input in areas such as: procedural changes, cost containment, and new technology.
- Maintains knowledge base to stay current in field of clinical laboratory science and complies with State of California continuing education requirements.
- Exercises accountability to budget guidelines when ordering supplies or resources.
- Must be proficient in laboratory computer systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general laboratory periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, technical correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, employees of the organization, and other medical personnel.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Lab Science or related science field
- Current California Clinical Lab Scientist License
- Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 2 years Experience as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Lab Scientist
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ Microbiologist
Req ID: R328831