Respiratory Therapist Technician
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Respiratory Therapy (RT) Tech I assumes responsibility for maintaining respiratory care equipment, such as cleaning and calibrating. Additionally, the RT Tech I maintains respiratory supplies and equipment house-wide.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Follows policies, procedures, and standards (e.g., proper infection prevention, handwashing, isolation procedures, etc.).
- Interacts with therapists, and other health system staff to provide quality, safe, and efficient care for the patient.
- Aids other staff, when applicable, to complete their assignment.
- Communicates effectively with patients, health care providers, and other customers both orally and written/via computer.
- Assumes responsibility for risk and safety issues associated with position.
- Reacts appropriately under high levels of stress; demonstrates flexibility in the face of uncertainty, and can take responsible and professional action without awaiting orders.
- Quickly respond to critical situations including taking stairs to reach emergencies and assist in the removal of patients from the building (in case of fire).
- Resolves issues, or escalates them to the appropriate resource.
- Knowledgeable about Respiratory Therapy supplies/equipment and can operate and care for the equipment safely.
- Able to calibrate life support equipment and maintain medical gas cylinders, and other Respiratory Therapy equipment, for patient use.
- Delivers supplies/equipment promptly, especially during emergent situations.
- Manages supplies and equipment to ensure proper resource management, including staging, rotating, checking for expiration dates, and restocking.
- Assists with orientation of new staff and training of students, when necessary.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Basic computer knowledge, including email.
- Additional healthcare work experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.