Radiology Supervisor / 1:00P-9:30P (Evenings, Full-Time)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The General Radiology Supervisor will be responsible for the daily duties of the General Radiology division. This
includes direct oversight of all technical, business and personnel-related aspects for ensuring safe practices for
- Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinate examinations in the most efficient order and perform exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient's stay in the hospital.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, hospital clinicians, nurses, residents, etc. to optimize patient care; interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient; serves as lead complaint control.
- Ensures optimum staffing in general radiology, surgery, orthopedics, sports medicine and GI/GU.
- Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
- Responsible for ensuring that all division activity is performed in an efficient, organized and safe manner with an optimum degree of accuracy.
- Responsible for the quality control of all films; demonstrates technical expertise in properly caring for the equipment and equipment calibrations and promptly reporting malfunctions.
- Assumes responsibility for performing patient care activities and other tasks that contribute to the patient's examination and treatment, as required.
- Positions patients for all types of procedures and provide proper immobilization. Attends to patient's comfort during procedures; identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician personnel if assistance is needed.
- Responsible for completion of mandatory educational assignments as provided by Radiology Operations Manager.
- Responsible for employee scheduling, timekeeping, hiring, discipline, and performance reviews.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma
- ARRT in Radiology Technology
- Kansas Licensure within 90 days of hire
- Minimum 3-5 years Staff Technologist Experience in medium to high volume facility
- A Bachelor’s Degree in meaningful technical or management field
- Minimum 3 years Supervisory experience in an academic or high volume, high acuity facility
12 - Evening Premium Pay (United States of America)
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.