Pharmacy Technician (Rainbow 39 Pharmacy 8a - 4:30p M-F))
Acute Inpatient Rehab, Bell Hospital
Position Summary / Career Interest:
This position will assist in accurate medication order filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of medications. This position will include responsibility to prepare medications using appropriate technique and equipment. Medications include, but are not limited to oral bulk/unit-dose or prepackaged medications, compounds, and intravenous medications. This position includes responsibilities for care of inpatients in the acute rehab unit and long-term care residents. Pharmacy hours at 0800-1630 Monday-Friday.
- Performs ALL duties defined by standard work or other guidelines communicated by leadership under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Operates computer systems to accurately input medication orders and obtain necessary patient information.
- Assists in maintaining pharmacy inventory and record keeping in accordance with state and federal law. Reports medication errors on a continuous basis.
- Assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items as needed.
- Utilizes effective listening and communication skills. Maintains supervisor awareness of personal and team activities affecting the department. Exhibits proactive problem solving to address issues impacting departmental services.
- Maintains a plan for personal development and completion of competency validation records.
- Participates in personal goal setting and ongoing development of team members.
- Shares expertise by participating in the orientation and education of pharmacy employees and students.
- If applicable, participation in the quality management program is expected with the goal of improving services by monitoring processes, analyzing data, implementing interventions to improve and evaluating the effectiveness of those interventions.
- Responsibilities may include working to establish and maintain long and short term goals for the Quality Management Program; monitoring and documenting Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs) for progress in meeting QI goals; and providing guidance and education to staff on Quality Management priorities and projects. If applicable, as part of the program, the staff will uphold the quality of the Patient Management Program to include the development and reassessment of the program.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Kansas Board of Pharmacy Registration (required upon start date)
- Successful completion of PTCB OR equivalent National Pharmacy Technician Certification examination in accordance with Board of Pharmacy registration requirements and no later than 9 months of employment at TUKHS.
- Technician must maintain certification on an ongoing basis and complete all continuing education requirements.
- PTCB OR equivalent National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- One year experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy offering comprehensive pharmacy services
- Bachelor's Degree
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.