603007 - Sports Performance Staff Assistant
Wagnon-Parrott Athletic Center
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Sports Performance Staff Assistant assists sports performance staff with providing strength and conditioning training programs for student-athletes.
This position will adhere to the standards established including utilizing recommended weight training, conditioning, flexibility, plyometrics and nutrition principles. The Part-Time Assistant will communicate with the administrators, program directors, coaching staff, and sports medicine staff regarding aspects of the student-athletes’ nutrition, and training progress. This position is a two-year non-renewable position.
- Assist with the implementation, and administration of strength training programs unique to each individual student-athlete.
- Assist with maintaining realistic goals, rules, expectations, and motivations set for assigned teams and each individual student-athlete
- Assist with preparing periodic evaluations and progress reports regarding the progress, conditioning, and training of the student-athletes
- Interact with team trainers and medical staff in implementing rehabilitation programs for injured student-athletes Assist with preparing periodic evaluations and progress reports regarding the progress, conditioning, and training of the student-athletes;
- Demonstrate good judgment in responsibilities, including orienting student-athletes and staff to proper equipment use, appropriate conditioning techniques, and use of the most up to date training and conditioning concepts. Participate in clinics on strength and conditioning upon request
- Monitor appearance, maintenance, and organization of equipment in training facilities;
- Assist in the education and enforcement of weight room rules
- Assist in scheduling and organizing the daily use of the Anderson Strength Facility
- Assist in the evaluation and maintenance of all equipment;
- Exhibit respect and concern for student-athletes and support student-athletes’ academic effort and integrity;
- Exhibit Division I knowledge, experience, and expertise in all actions.
- Adhere to Health System, University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics, and NCAA policies and procedures;
- Maintain knowledge of Health System, departmental activities, sports schedules, and procedures;
- Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members;
- Exhibit professional decorum at all times.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- CSCS certification
- USAW certification (or ability to obtain within six months of employment)
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.