WORKERS COMPENSATION PROGRAM COORD
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Workers Compensation Program Coordinator assists in the planning, implementing and direction of the workers compensation program. The emphasis is on meeting the standards of the regulatory programs which govern them as well as maintaining the organizational goals for service, people, quality, cost and growth. This position is responsible for the data management and statistical analysis needed to develop, implement, monitor and report outcomes associated with the programs as well as bring knowledge and evidence-based guidelines to the system and externally to the community.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Leads development for the Worker’s Compensation Program.
- Communicates organization vision for Workers Compensation and the merits of treating this population.
- Serves as the key hospital contact for internal and external parties including the State of Kansas.
- Establishes relationships with and promotes TUKHS to Workers Compensation community.
- Maintains current knowledge of state, federal and other applicable regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to positively influence Workers Compensation process or policy.
- Collects program outcome data and evaluates the effectiveness of the program.
- Improves the satisfaction of Workers Compensation patient referral sources and providers.
- Assess needs for referrals sources and providers.
- Identifies opportunities to improve satisfaction.
- Works with appropriate individuals to determine feasibility of implementation.
- Implements feasible opportunities.
- Demonstrates improved satisfaction and ultimately increase volume.
- Primary point of contact for case managers and payers when they are not able to resolve administrative issues with hospital or physicians.
- Builds Workers Compensation knowledge and relationships within the TUKHS enterprise; maintains high satisfaction and acts as a consultant, offering suggestions and providing a resource to physicians and hospital staff related to Workers Compensation.
- Identifies and develops physician participation in Workers Compensation.
- Assesses and impacts improved knowledge and support of Workers Compensation through the enterprise.
- Assesses and impacts improved integration of enterprise operations for Workers Compensation including EMR opportunities.
- Serves as a Workers Compensation Navigator to ensure the continuity of care for Workers Compensation patients through the TUKHS enterprise.
- Provides input to leadership on the strategic plans and priorities for Workers Compensation program for resource allocation.
- Works collaboratively with integrated professional programs (medicine, nursing,) to plan CEU educational programs based on program and community needs.
- Works to understand the workflows and care processes associated with the program goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in health-related field with licensure (OTA, RN, etc)
- BLS Certification
- 5 years of experience in occupational safety, public health, or case management or nursing experience with Workers Compensation required
- Master's Degree with specialty certification
- Strongly prefer individual with established physician and employer relationships in the local market and documented involvement in community activities.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.