Pharmacy Technician - Multiple Opportunities
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The University of Kansas Health System has a wide variety of roles and responsibilities that our Pharmacy Technicians assist with on a daily basis within our Pharmacy enterprise. We are recruiting both entry-level and experienced Technicians. Please see list below for full details on positions within our organization.
- Candidates must be open to shift opportunities at both our Main campus in Kansas City, Kansas, and new Southlake campus in Lenexa, Kansas.
- Predominantly day shift with potential for some evenings and a rotating weekend component
- Strives to remove barriers in achieving excellent pharmaceutical care and assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items as needed.
- Operates computer systems to accurately input medication orders, fill medications, obtain necessary patient information, and dispense medications.
- Process prescriptions and prioritize medication fills for discharging patients, then delivering medications and collecting payment in patient rooms.
- Assists in maintaining pharmacy inventory and record keeping in accordance with state and federal law. Reports medication errors on a continuous basis.
- Willingly shares information, materials and know-how to contribute to and achieve common objectives.
- Works as a team player in a diverse workforce and looks for ways to improve interactions with all co-workers, contributing to a welcoming and helpful environment
- Variety of opportunities including home delivery, call center, bedside delivery, and customer service available
Cancer Care Pharmacy
- We have multiple locations throughout Kansas City with current technician openings available in Overland Park and Westwood Kansas
- Float roles are also available to provide staffing coverage at all locations: Overland Park, Westwood, Lee’s Summit, South Kansas City and North Kansas City
- Our cancer care pharmacy technicians perform sterile compounding of medications for patients within the cancer centers and non-oncology infusion areas
- Other job duties include inventory management, USP 797 and 800 clean room workflows and oversight of automated dispensing cabinets (Omnicells)
- Predominantly weekday day time shifts with a minimal, rotating weekend component (approximately 6-8 weekends / year)
- Our pharmacy technicians work as a team to provide great care to patients and look for ways to continuously improve workflows and service
- Located at our main campus in Kansas City, Kansas
- Day and evening shift opportunities depending on staffing needs with a rotating weekend component and holiday requirement.
- Work with medications such as intravenous admixtures, chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition, oral bulk/unit-dose or prepackaged medications, compounds and investigational drugs.
Home Infusion Pharmacy
- Located at our new Southlake campus in Lenexa, Kansas
- Sterile compounding and call center environment opportunities available within this team
- Assist pharmacist in accurate prescription filling, compounding and record keeping
- Growing service line due to new expanded facility
Medication Reconciliation - Inpatient Pharmacy
- Located at our Main campus in Kansas City, Kansas
- Day and evening shift schedule with a rotating weekend component
- Interview patients and collect their home medication list upon admission to the hospital.
- Collect pertinent information needed to obtain an accurate medication history outside of the patient interview.
- Work directly with pharmacists to ensure an accurate medication list is entered into the computer system.
- Operate computer systems to accurately input medications and obtain necessary patient information.
- Use a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with patients and customers.
Rainbow 39 - Inpatient Pharmacy
- Located at our Rainbow 39 building directly across the street from our main campus in Kansas City, Kansas
- Monday - Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm
- Inpatient and long term care pharmacy workflows
- Inpatient responsibilities include IV sterile compounding and working with Omnicell carousel and medication cabinets
- Long term care responsibilities include IV sterile compounding, order entry, prescription processing and packaging of medication in bubble cards
Inpatient Pharmacy - Indian Creek Campus
- Day shift opportunity located in Overland Park, Kansas
- Purchasing of medications (controlled and non-controlled) and processing of returns
- Sterile and Non-sterile compounding opportunities
- Responsible for Omnicell refills and maintenance
- Assist in monthly unit inspections
- Participates in department maintenance activities such as daily hood cleaning, weekly eyewash station testing and reporting and biannual disaster kit.
- Assist with annual IV admixture competency
- Unit dose packaging of oral medications
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Kansas Board of Pharmacy Registration (required upon start date)
- Successful completion of PTCB OR equivalent National Pharmacy Technician Certification examination in accordance with Board of Pharmacy registration requirements and no later than 9 months of employment at TUKHS.
- Technician must maintain certification on an ongoing basis and complete all continuing education requirements.
- PTCB OR equivalent National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- One year experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy offering comprehensive pharmacy services
- Bachelor's Degree
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.