CT Radiology Manager
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Radiology Operations Manager position provides direct oversight of the business, clinical, personnel, quality and regulatory functions of one or more of the following modalities: General Radiology, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Breast Imaging, and/or Ultrasound the Radiology Department Services assigned.
- Oversees daily responsibilities in one or more of the following modalities General Radiology, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Breast Imaging, and/or Ultrasound.
- As a leader of this department, directs activities of departmental employees of direct responsibility and should intervene to provide guidance and instruction for employees of indirect responsibility as needed.
- Assists the leadership team in the development, execution and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and professional standards of care while ensuring quality effectiveness and efficiency in the provision of imaging services to the patient.
- Assists the leadership team in maintaining appropriate orientation, training and continuing competency and licensure of all staff.
- Assists supervisors in the development and monitoring of Process Improvement for assigned areas.
- Oversees radiology services in accordance with governmental, legal requirements, and other regulatory standards. Demonstrates effectiveness in leading the unit/team towards its goals. Models appropriate values while maintaining ethical and legal business practices.
- Prepares budget and financial reports. Monitors the allocation of resources to ensure appropriate staffing skill mix, staff levels, equipment inventory and tracking and equipment maintenance and inventory.
- Initiates and promotes staff development.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Is responsible for maintaining current continuing education at a level that ensures that the units/department is engaged and complying with modern events and changes in healthcare.
- Manages responsibilities in a way that supports the achievement of departmental and organizational goals. Works effectively with others in the management team to accomplish organization goals and to identify and resolve problems at the departmental level. Effectively uses the appropriate financial concepts and tools to analyze situations and make financial decisions that support the achievement of short and long term departmental and organization goals.
- Monitor departmental productivity and prepare reports as required. Adapts to meet service, quality and cost expectations utilizing data. Creates and communicates the “big picture” understanding of the hospital and works to ensure the department supports the organization’s desired competitive position.
- Stays focused on delivery of high quality and expedient patient care. Proactively involves all customers and stakeholders in how to continuously deliver World Class Care. Understand and makes appropriate business decision related to an ever-changing healthcare environment.
o *Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
o *Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor Degree in related science or management
- ARRT, State of Kansas
- 5 years of clinical imaging experience in the defined modality
- Board certification in the defined modality
- 3 years of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Computer skills
- Master Degree - CRA, multiple certifications
- 5 years with experience in an academic medical center environment
- EPIC experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.