Medical Lab Scientist Blood Bank-PRN
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Medical Lab Scientist Blood Bank provides comprehensive laboratory testing for patients. This position consists of ensuring patients' laboratory results are accurate, timely and with quality.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- *Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Analyzes patient, control and proficiency testing specimens and records results in a timely manner according to laboratory policy.
- Calibrates, maintains, operates, troubleshoots instrumentation issues and completes appropriate documentation.
- Completes continuing education and submits appropriate documentation where applicable.
- Follows regulatory, accreditation, safety and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
- Instructs, orients and mentors students, employees, residents, patients and other health care providers as applicable.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all supplies. Accurately prepares, labels and stores reagents, standards, controls, and specimens for analysis.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Performs phlebotomy and sample collection as applicable.
- Performs product preparations in compliance with FDA, cGMP, AABB standards, NRC regulations and department procedures.
- Reviews and correlates results of laboratory tests to each other and with the patient's condition, recognizing abnormal results and critical/alert values. Verifies accuracy of results and initiates corrective action when indicated.
- Uses and wears PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary to perform job duties safely and minimize risk.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological, Physical, Chemical or Clinical Laboratory
Science/Medical Technology from an accredited institution.
ASCP, NCA or eligible (must be completed within 6 months of hire)
Meets the CLIA requirements for high complexity testing
Graduate of a NCCLS approved training program
Submit to an FBI background check and pass the trustworthy and reliability determination according to NRC guidelines
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.