Cardiovascular - Leavenworth, Cardiovascular - Liberty, Cardiovascular - State Ave, Cardiovascular - St Joseph, Main Campus
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The University of Kansas Health System is looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing Cardiovascular Ultrasound team. We have several tiers of positions available depending on your level of experience. New graduates welcome! We offer cardiac and cardiovascular sonographer positions.
Sonographers provide professional, safe and compassionate care to adolescent and adult patient populations. They are uniquely trained in the advanced understanding of ultrasound physics and hemodynamics allowing them to provide the highest quality of images to answer the clinical questions.
Our lab is accredited by IAC in Echocardiography and Vascular. We support the structural heart, adult congenital, cardiology sports, research, amyloid, heart failure, transplant and LVAD programs.
- Performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound services for adult patients such as transthoracic, transesophageal, and stress procedures, used to diagnose and assess cardiac abnormalities.
- General duties include preparing equipment, prepping patients and explaining procedures, reading the images, report findings, analyzing patient clinical history in order to identify the purpose of the examination, and adapting protocols to make each exam unique and individual to the patient and procedure.
- Acts as an educational resource to other staff, physicians, students, and fellows regarding equipment, techniques, and procedures to optimize patient care.
- Seeks and develops new measures to improve the quality of patient care as new technology evolves. Actively participating in meetings, quality assurance, and IAC activities as delegated by the medical and/or technical director.
- Available for occasional on-call status under Cardiologist supervision, weekend coverage, and later shifts is mandatory
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to function independently. Strong human relationships, communication skills, and demonstration of sound judgement.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- RDMS RDCS(AE) or CCI RCS certifications completed or in process of completing credential; completion within 3 months of hire date into position
- Current BLS Certification
- Maintain CME requirement
- Driver’s license and basic computer skills
- Ability to train in area of competency
- Graduate of a CAAHEP; JRC-DMS program in cardiac ultrasound.
- Training or certification in IV and LVO contrast administration
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.