PRN Corrective Exercise Specialist (Fitness Instructor)
Sports Medicine and Performance Center
Position Summary / Career Interest:
This role is responsible for maintaining and growing a sports medicine fitness program. The position provides fitness training, instruction and education for clients and, as appropriate, markets the program to prospective clients, refers clients to health system fitness and/or medical professionals such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, registered dietitians and physicians. Further, this role is responsible to ensure workout areas are clean and safe, and fitness equipment and tools are maintained and in safe working order. This position conducts fitness classes, providing excellent customer service, while adhering to the Health System operating policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Maintain and build a sports medicine fitness program and market the programs to build a strong client base.
- Provide personal training, group fitness instruction and education, and prescribe workout programs for clients based on fitness levels and health needs.
- Monitor exercising clients and provide fitness assessment and feedback. Develop workout programs and health promotion programs in accordance with health system standards and mission, utilizing safe industry practices Assist clients in safe exercising and proper body alignment.
- Refer clients to health system fitness/medical professionals including physical therapists, athletic trainers, registered dieticians and physicians when needed
- Report any safety hazards and unsafe practices to management promptly.
- Ensure all workout areas are clean, safe and organized and ensure that fitness equipment and tools are maintained in safe working conditions.
- Instruct correct fitness methods and lifting techniques to minimize the chances of injury.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science -
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred -
- Ability to solicit new business/clients -
- Ability to work within a team of health professionals in an academic medical center
- Experience in social media and marketing strategies
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.