PRN MRI Technologist
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The MRI technologist is responsible for producing quality MR images while providing optimal patient care and applying all principles of patient safety. MRI technologists are expected to participate in on-going training and education relating to positioning, technique and MRI safety guidelines. MR procedures are performed at multiple locations across the health system; this person shall maintain a patient-centered focus and strive to support the mission, goals and values of University of Kansas Health System and radiology department.
- Demonstrate understanding of: human anatomy and physiology; pathology; pharmacology; medical terminology; MR technique; patient positioning for MR
- Prepare patients for procedures and take care of patient needs during examinations or procedures
- Perform venipuncture, manage intravenous access, and administer medications as prescribed
- Select appropriate pulse sequences with consideration of established protocols and other factors that influence data acquisition parameters
- Evaluate medical images for quality and to ensure patient identification
- Responsible for adherence to ACR MR safety guidelines such as restricting area access, screening patients and others for MR access, and observing and controlling the MR areas
- Possess MR safety knowledge and research implanted devices - Apply principles of MR safety to minimize risk to patients, self and others
- Identify and respond to emergency situations
- Perform ongoing quality assurance and educational activities as assigned
- Educate and monitor students and other health care providers
- Additional duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT)
- Graduate AMA approved School of Radiologic
- Technology or MR Imaging - MRI Registered (ARRT) within six months of hire date
- BLS Certification
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - Computer skills
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.