Clinical Pastoral Education Resident
Position Summary / Career Interest:
A Chaplain provides the presence and availability to patients, and their loved ones in a manner that assures patient centered care relative to beliefs, spiritual and/or religious practice and rites. The Chaplain presence is a non-anxious one that offers calm.
A Chaplain works alongside other disciplines and offers appropriate perspective regarding the condition and recovery potential of the patient
A Chaplain offers relationship and ministry to members of the KUMC staff in such a manner that helps maintain morale and employee satisfaction.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Provides pastoral/spiritual care to the multi-denominational/religion patients and family population throughout their hospital experience
- Functions as a pastoral/spiritual resource person for the hospital staff and students
- Collaborates and coordinates pastoral/spiritual activities with other Chaplains to meet the needs of the diverse patient and employee population
- Conducts formal worship services open to patients, families, staff, physicians, students and others.
- Provides for sacramental ministry and/or religious rituals as needed
- Provides off-hour coverage with other Chaplains on a rotation basis.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate Degree - Prefer Religious or Theological degree
- Must be able to read and write on a collegiate level
- Must have user level computer skill
- Bachelor Degree
- Other language skill a plus, particularly Spanish
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.