Position Summary / Career Interest:
The CT Technologist is responsible for producing images that produce cross sectional imaging for the purpose of diagnosing disease processes. Procedures can be performed at various locations throughout the Main Campus, West Plaza, Medical Office Building, and Westwood. CT Technologists are expected to participate in on-going training and education.
- Acts as a liaison for communication between other departments and assists when called upon for special projects that have been approved by the Radiology Department leadership team. -
- Assists with developing continuing education strategies with the CT Department which will assist the long term enrichment of the staff.
- Participates in providing teaching and learning opportunities to fellow technologists and students.
- Ensuring that all staff are operating equipment optimally and safely by adhering to policies, procedures and protocols.
- Is responsible for the operation of CT scanners and auxiliary devices within the scope of designated locations. Operates all equipment safely, ensuring that radiation exposure is set to provide the lowest dose for reasonable image quality as overseen by staff radiologists.
- Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinates examinations in the most efficient order and performs exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient's stay in the hospital.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of contrast reactions and responses and be able to respond immediately to patient needs.
- Responsible for completion of mandatory educational assignments as provided by supervisor/senior supervisor.
- Responsible for performing routine CT procedures at a very high standard with an increasing knowledge and ability to perform specialty studies with experience.
- Must be able to set equipment parameters, provide patient assessment and education, provide accurate patient preparation and provide venous access for the safe administration of contrast material.
- Supports the Mission and Vision of KU Hospital and the desire to reach "World Class" status.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- ARRT (R)(CT), BLS, Kansas Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiology Technology
- Experience performing basic CT procedures
- Strong computer skills related to RIS, PACS, EMR
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 to 3 years of large facility experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.