Radiologic Technologist, FT Nights (Wed-Sat 8:30p-7a)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Radiologic Technologist performs x-ray procedures to produce images for the purpose of diagnosing disease processes. Procedures can be performed at various locations throughout the Main Campus and at hospital associated imaging facilities. Competence is required for both fixed and mobile x-ray devices. Experience is required in high acuity areas, surgical areas and less acute out-patient customers. Radiologic Technologists are expected to participate in the training of student technologists.
- Must be competent in the use of all x-ray equipment both fixed and mobile. Has the ability to provide this service throughout the department. Show interest and initiative in assuring that personal competency requirements are met.
- Demonstrates flexibility in reviewing new approaches in response to changing organizational and healthcare needs
- Seeks out assistance appropriately in regard to policies and procedures, patient safety, infection control and other departmental and organizational requirements. Understands, supports and practices current rules/regulations/practices both state and nationally
- Ensures that a high priority is recognized and observed by all staff relating to safety; this includes employees, patients, vendors and other customers;
- Ensures that patients are treated in a timely fashion and that patient satisfaction requires technologist participation in the transport process.
- Provides input to Radiology Physician leadership in regard to interactions that provide “World Class” care in a teaching facility. Interacts with all hospital customers to assist with patient and customer satisfaction and HCAPS scores. Participates and assists radiology leadership in the collection of information related to process improvement.
- Should be observed as a department resource by all staff and assist in providing continuing education to all responsible individuals; Serves as a role model. Ensures communication is consistent, provided in multiple forms and is effective
- Is responsible for reporting information to Radiology leadership in regard to potential hazards, safety, and or behavioral demonstrations that do not provide for a safe and “world class” healthcare environment.
- Responsible for completion of mandatory educational assignments as provided by Team Leaders, Supervisor or Assistant Director.
- Other duties and needed.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Graduate of a two year accredited Radiology Technology program
- BLS Certification
- Licensed by the state of Kansas Board of Healing Arts within 90 days of hire - Registered in Radiography (ARRT)
- Ability to utilize computer systems to perform patient testing and to retrieve data related to monitoring of quality and performance needs
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Additional language a plus
13 - Night Premium Pay (United States of America)
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.