Responsible for the day-to-day operations of phlebotomy services at Patient Services Centers (PSC) and contracted blood draw locations. Accountable for maintaining operational and capital equipment budgets, implementation of departmental policies, obtaining departmental goals and metrics, staff hiring, training and competency, and evaluation. Effectively and efficiently oversees phlebotomy services and technicians at multiple locations, meeting quality and service standards and objectives.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB COMPETENCIES
This is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any job, with related instruction given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
1. Implement and maintain effective PSC policies and procedures, ensuring compliance and acceptable performance at all PSC and blood draw locations. Percentage of time: 25%
2. Supervise all activities of PSC operations. Ensure the smooth and consistent operation of all PSC activities to maximize efficiency and satisfy internal and external customer service and quality assurance standards. Percentage of time: 25%
3. Establish and evaluate procedures for effectiveness; devise and implement changes in procedures and forms where appropriate, including staff training and development. Percentage of time: 5%
4. Support all phlebotomist, order entry and processing personnel (staff, per diem, and contracted) in providing above and beyond the patient's expected level of customer service. Provide regular and quality-focused training, in-service, competency and remedial training as necessary. Responsible for regularly scheduled staff meetings with agenda and minutes available for review. Percentage of time: 10%
5. Hire, train, direct and evaluate personnel; develop lead workers (succession planning) to effectively oversee daily routines and to assume full responsibility for a phlebotomy site as necessary. Develop work schedules and maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet operations' objectives in an effective and efficient manner. Percentage of time: 10%
6. In collaboration with Support Services Manager/Director, responsible for the development of department budget and forecasts. Responsible for maintaining operations within the approved budget, reporting budget variances. In collaboration with Support Services Manager responsible for the hiring, establishment and opening of new PSCs in conjuction with operational goals. Percentage of time: 10%
7. Prepare regular and special management reports as required. Provide performance and productivity metrics to Support Service Manager, with all variances identified and explained. Percentage of time: 5%