|Pacific Care Center
, a beautiful Olympic Peninsula location on the Pacific Coast of Washington State, is seeking a full time OT to join our awesome in-house therapy team. We have a beautiful 3000 square foot rehab facility with an amazing gym, new therapy equipment, excellent ADL space, therapist offices, and room to grow! Enjoy a busy rehab caseload with the majority of patients completing therapy and returning home to enjoy their favorite outdoor activities.
This is a super busy and fast paced environment, and you will be joining a high quality group of therapists. In addition, we recently opened an outpatient clinic adjacent to our skilled facility and we are developing a great caseload. Although we welcome candidates of all experience levels, this is a particularly great setting for a recent graduate as we have another full time OT in place to mentor and train. We are offering a highly competitive compensation package paired with relatively low cost of living and no state income tax, comprehensive health benefits, paid CEUs and many career growth opportunities!.
Pacific Care Center receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, HCFA therapy cert/POC forms, per the facility’s policy and procedure
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant Schools
- Comply with the Occupational Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
Licensed Occupational Therapist
This position is open to OTs at all experience levels
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Pacific Care Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.