|Pinnacle Nursing & Rehabilitation Center i
n Price, Utah, is recruiting for a full time Speech/Language Pathologist to help us with our expanding rehab services in the Price community. Full time and part time schedules are available. We are a 100-bed skilled nursing facility with a very busy skilled patient caseload, and the majority of our patients recover and go on to more independent lifestyles. We have built a wonderful in-house therapy team, and we have a very involved and caring administrator who is highly regarded in the community. We seek a therapist who is motivated to help us create and implement excellent programs to serve the needs of our patients and partner with our rehab colleagues in Price in an outpatient setting. We have continuing education and training available in cognition/communication, Think Think (dysphagia and reducing the use of thickened liquids), Abilities Care/dementia, covid recovery and respiratory rehabilitation, and stroke/neuro rehabilitation. In return, we can offer a stable and secure work environment, highly competitive salary and benefits including generous paid time off and paid CEUs. Our Utah business is growing so there are many career growth opportunities in the area. In addition, the therapy resource for this region is very strong and can provide outstanding clinical and operational support.
We have been in-house with therapy for many years which gives us a significant edge going into the current payment model changes. Our therapy and nursing teams work collaboratively to ensure outstanding outcomes for our patients. While some companies are preparing for layoffs, we are gearing up for amazing rehab programs!
Pinnacle Nursing & Rehab receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program
- Participate in discharge planning
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech‑Language Pathologist and student programs
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
This position is open to therapists at all experience levels.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to
- make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.