Speech/Language Pathologist - TX Traveler
TheraTroopers Elite Forces™ is seeking Speech/Language Pathologists who are flexible to go anywhere in Texas. This is not a typical travel job….as part of our team you will receive intensive training and support to learn our unique organizational culture focusing on our core values of celebration, accountability, passion for learning, loving one another, intelligent risk taking, customer second and ownership. We are excited to be expanding our speech therapy programs to include COVID recovery and respiratory rehabilitation, Abilities Care and dementia, stroke and neuro rehabilitation, Think Thin (dysphagia and reducing the use of thickened liquids), and cognition/communication. We offer an extraordinary company culture that promotes autonomy and puts our employees first. In addition, we offer continuing education and training as well as many career growth opportunities.
Here are a few more reasons to consider joining us!
"One of the things I most appreciate about being part of an Ensign affiliate is the empowerment to practice at the highest level of our licensure. We are encouraged and supported to grow programs, further our training in the areas of our passion, and to love on our patients in a way that we are uniquely equipped to do. We are able to take ownership within our facilities to make positive changes that affect the lives of the ones we care for on a daily basis." Tiffany D. Bishop MS, CCC-SLP- Legend Greenville…
Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist." Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP - The Garrison…
“As a current Ensign employee of 6 years, I am genuinely proud to be a part of such a great company. Ensign treats staff and patients like family. I wouldn’t want to work for anyone else.” Carly Peevers, M.S. CCC-SLP, Rosewood Rehabilitation, Reno, NV…
“Working as an SLP for an Ensign affiliate has brought me such joy. The opportunities we have with programming and resources help us to provide the absolute best patient care to our residents. We have the opportunity to treat a broad range of patients with many co-morbidities following a traumatic event in their lives, and help them to restore as much function as possible, while also having the opportunity to experience the community of a long term care facility in which many of our patients call home. We are able to follow our residents with dementia and cognitive deficits throughout the stages of disease progression and be there to provide our specialized skills and care with them and their family every step of the way. Working in a therapy department with Ensign becomes like working with family, and there's truly nothing better than that.” Cara Koepsel MS, CCC-SLP DOR Golden Acres Living & Rehabilitation
TheraTroopers Elite Forces™ is an exciting next generation healthcare model providing clinical, operational, cultural and hands on therapy support to our amazing network of in-house therapy operations located throughout the United States. You will begin your TheraTrooper tour in Texas where we are helping our facility teams expand their therapy services. After that you will have a range of locations to consider for your next assignment. You will have the opportunity to travel to any of our over 200 affiliates and be a respected and valued member of each therapy team. In addition you will assist us in developing great therapy programs in newly acquired facilities as well as facilities that are facing temporary staffing or operational challenges.
In exchange for your commitment to be a consistent, full time member of our TheraTrooper Elite Forces, you will receive a Care Package including a competitive full time hourly rate of pay with a comprehensive benefits and paid time off package, a housing and meal stipend tailored to the community in which you are serving, paid gym membership, on-going professional development and paid CEU’s. TheraTroopers are a truly elite group of passionate, clinically excellent, self-motivated and team oriented therapists who want to be part of something great.
TheraTroopers Elite Forces receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech‑Language Pathologist and student programs.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.