The Radiologic Technician will perform high quality Diagnostic Imaging exams while providing excellent patient care.
"PRN- As Needed"- Must be able to work weekends, nights, evenings and holidays.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Graduate of an AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology . (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year- Clinical radiography experience in a hospital environment (Required)
Licensure/Certifications- ARRT required
Radiographic Positioning & Technique
1. Demonstrate working knowledge of all diagnostic imaging equipment and related components.
2. Produce high quality radiographs by using proper positioning and immobilization techniques.
3. Set appropriate exposure factors to produce high quality films.
4. Determine when repeats are required.
1. Assure permanent film identification by using lead markers.
2. Identify each radiograph/image with proper and permanent patient data.
3. Follow correct procedures in regard to warm-up, use and shut-down of equipment.
4. Check paperwork, film jackets and patient charges for accuracy prior to submission and complete RIS assignments immediately following exam.
5. Maintain cleanliness of exam rooms and equipment.
1. Assure room is prepared & stocked prior to start of exam.
2. Explain exam to patients/parents.
3. Make every attempt to meet scheduled appointment times and accommodate stat or add-on requests.
4. Communicate with patient throughout the exam and release patient/parent with appropriate follow-up info.
5. Cooperative and willing to assist when asked to travel to a CH-affiliated site.
1. Adhere to all OSHA regulations.
2. Inquire about menstrual status and possibility of pregnancy for female adolescents and teens.
3. Shield patients whenever possible.
4. Practice personal radiation safety .
5. Immediately report equipment malfunctions to manager .
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
1. Maintain A.R.R.T . certification
2. Biennially update nCPR certification
3. Complete mandatory annual reviews
4. Attend seminars and in-services
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things