Pharmacy Technician (Night) - (210000KN)
The Pharmacy Technician (NIGHT) will assist Pharmacists with technical and supportive functions. Will train and provide orientation and guidance to Pharmacy Technicians. Will assist to plan and assign the Technician's work schedule.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience as a Pharmacy Technician (Required)
Ability to understand and speak English fluently and clearly.
Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to function in a leadership role.
1. Maintain Pyxis® drawer configuration and contents; print standard and special request reports.
2. Maintain records of controlled substance orders, receipt, and disposition.
3. Maintain kit system for Operating Room and other areas as needed.
Purchasing and Invoicing
1. Coordinate purchasing of drugs and related items, note receipt of product, processes invoices, and assures payment through system.
1. Interact with vendors and other departments.
2. Obtain usage information or provide analyses of drug usage as requested.
3. Train and orient Pharmacy Technicians.
1. Identify areas for cost reduction through reducing acquisition cost or improved inventory control.
1. Assure that items purchased by CNMC are on contract and when possible, are at the lowest possible price and are of high quality.
1. Responsible for inventory control, note low stock items in the “Want Book” and prepack bulk medication as needed.
1. Fill, exchange, and credit medication carts upon authorization of the Pharmacist; return usable stock to inventory upon crediting.
1. Mix intravenous preparation with additives (including total parenteral nutrition solutions).
2. Reconstitute and prepare injections (including antineoplastic medication).
New Order Processing
1. Receive and sort medication orders.
2. Select and prepare appropriate medication for new medication orders, unit dose carts and outpatient prescriptions.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Allied Health
: Patient Services
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: VARIABLE
: Mar 4, 2021, 8:10:03 AM