Works under the Director of Food & Nutrition Services and reports to the Clinical Nutrition Manager. This position is responsible for the Medical Nutrition Therapy of the patients and clients of Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC). Provides nutrition education to the department and community.
- Performs nutrition assessments and reassessments on all patients as per policy.
- Develops and revises nutrition care plans using the Nutrition Care Process to meet the patient’s needs, response to treatment and evaluates it for effectiveness. Recommends and helps manage specialized nutrition support for patients when appropriate. Communicates and coordinates with physician and other health care personnel as needed on the nutrition care plan of the patients.
- Evaluates the need for Medical Nutrition Therapy Education and develops a plan based on learning needs. Assesses the effectiveness of the education process and helps maintain educational material. Includes family or others in the process as needed.
- Assists in planning of therapeutic diets and implementation for patients. Upon being credentialed for order-writing privileges – will order patient diets, labs and other nutrition-related orders.
- Updates and maintains the medical center diet manual and associated education handouts as needed.
- Assists the Nutrition Assistants and Aides with diet orders, menus, menu selection and menu correction, as needed.
- Provides group lectures and nutrition education for the community when requested.
- Assists in providing nutrition services and covering in the ambulatory areas of Cheyenne Regional and the FNS Outpatient Nutrition Center as needed.
- Identifies and addresses psychological, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge clinical nutrition, specialized nutrition support, nutritional value of foods, interpretation and implementation of special diets, meal planning and preparation that is culturally appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and staff
- Ability to interpret diet manual and menus
- Ability to organize workload and use effective time management
- Licensed by the Wyoming Dietetics Licensing Board
- Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics- Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR)
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
- Additional credentials/certifications through CDR and/or American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) and/or Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- Clinical nutrition experience in an inpatient setting