This position is PRN (As Needed)
The Ultrasonographer works under the supervision of the Clinical Care Coordinator, Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Medical Imaging. Performs all diagnostic, surgical and interventional ultrasound procedures, ensuring that all studies meet the established standards of the radiologist, radiation oncologist and other involved referring physician.
- Performs and/or assists in performing procedures by following physician orders.
- Performs all ultrasound examinations, ensuring all studies meet the established standards of the radiologist, radiation oncologist and other involved referring physician to include: abdominal, vascular, obstetric and gynecology, superficial structures, neonatal brains, intraoperative and guidance procedures along with utilizing plethysmography.
- Assists physician in performing designated procedures ensuring all studies meet the standards of the Radiologist or performing Physician: thoracentesis, needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc.
- Scans patient, marks patient body, determines angle for puncture, and assists as necessary.
- Provides appropriate information to patient and family during exams to provide a calming influence throughout the study.
- Performs all quality control procedures required, including surveys, quality control tests and other procedures required by federal regulations and the medical physicist.
- Maintains standards on equipment for accrediting by state and/or federal agencies.
- Ensures that all preventive maintenance occurs as scheduled; provides leadership with information regarding all equipment failures.
- Maintains a positive work environment by demonstrating positive interpersonal relations with co-workers, physicians, patients and others.
- Participates in call as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and co-workers
- Attention to minute detail
- Ability to calculate and interpret numbers and analyze and synthesize data
- Ability to perform on-call duties