This position is PRN, as needed.
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Care Coordinator, Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Radiology. This position performs all diagnostic MRI procedures ensuring that all studies meet the established standards of the radiologists, radiation oncologists and other involved referring physicians.
- Performs and/or assists in performing procedures by following physician orders.
- Performs all diagnostic MRI and designated procedures, ensuring that all studies meet the established standards of the radiologists, radiation oncologists and other involved referring physicians.
- Provides appropriate information to patient and family during exams to provide a calming influence throughout the study.
- Performs all quality control procedures required, including surveys, quality control tests and other procedures required by federal regulations and the medical physicist.
- Maintains standards on equipment for accrediting by state and/or federal agencies.
- Ensures that all preventive maintenance occurs as scheduled; provides leadership with information regarding all equipment failures.
- Takes an active first line of research and documentation in providing safety information to Radiologists & Physicians to clear a patient for MRI testing (i.e.: analyze screening form answers in relation to implants & MRI conditions).
- Maintains a positive work environment by demonstrating positive interpersonal relations with co-workers, physicians, patients and others.
- Interprets and adjusts scan parameters to meet conditions of MRI Conditional Implants and equipment.
- Participates in call as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and co-workers
- Attention to minute detail
- Ability to calculate and interpret numbers and analyze and synthesize data
- Ability to perform on-call duties