|Pecan Valley Rehabilitation & Healthcare
in San Antonio, TX, is seeking a PRN Speech/Language Pathologist to join our in-house therapy team. This position is open due to our expanding programs and goal to provide the best possible care for our patients. Here are some reasons to join our team:
"Working for an Ensign affiliate has allowed me to provide cutting edge treatments and programs that I’ve always known but have been unable to carry-out in other places. My facility has been able to identify my strengths as a therapist and encouraged me to pursue those strengths and provide training to others in those areas. Pursuing my passions and achieving professional growth have made such an impact on my career as a Speech-Pathologist." Jayna Owens MS, CCC-SLP – DOR Legend New Braunfels
"I love being a speech-language pathologist for an Ensign affiliate. I am able to make a difference in the lives of our residents with dementia by identifying their remaining capabilities, training staff for what they are and how to maximize them in their daily routines and leisure activities, thereby returning purpose to the residents’ lives. Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist." Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP - The Garrison
In addition to a professionally rewarding work setting, San Pedro Manor can also offer highly competitive compensation as well as many opportunities for career growth.
Pecan Valley receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Big & Loud, and other opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program
- Participate in discharge planning
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech Language Pathologist and student programs
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.