About Vidant Duplin Hospital
Vidant Duplin Hospital is an 81-bed facility located in Kenansville, North Carolina and has 20 practicing physicians on its active medical staff. Vidant Duplin serves Duplin County and surrounding communities in Eastern North Carolina with a population of approximately 60,000 people. On an annually basis, it serves 3,800 inpatients and over 52,000 outpatients (including nearly 30,0000 ED visits), in addition to a surgical volume of 2,050.
- The Speech/Language Pathologist administers diagnostic and treatment services to patients referred to the Department of Speech/Language Pathology and maintains records pertinent to such services.
- Responsible for evaluating any communication impairment that interferes with an individuals premorbid level of function and providing appropriate treatment services.
- The Speech/Language Pathologist shall also be responsible for providing diagnostic and treatment services involving any swallowing impairment/dysfunction. The Speech/Language Pathologist is directly accountable to the manager for the quality of patient care delivered.
- Modifies and delivers care that is specific to the age, growth, and development of patients according to Departmental scope of services.
- Must possess a minimum of a Master of Science, a Master of Arts or a Master of Education degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited university.
- All course work for ASHO certification in Speech/Language Pathology must be completed.
- A N.C. licensure or eligibility for it is required and certification of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology awarded by the American Speech/Language and Hearing Association or equivalent academic and clinical training.
- Special interest and experience in neurologically based speech and language disorders preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, team members, patients, families and the public.
- Special interest or experience in working as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- PRN as needed
- Weekend shifts available
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.