ResponsibilitiesPlay a key role within a world-class care, award-winning
health system. Help ensure the delivery of outstanding cardiac surgical care. Take
your career in an exciting new direction. UCan do all this and more at UCLA
As a perfusionist, you’ll be an important contributor
to the nation’s largest and most advanced heart and lung transplant program. Our
exceptional team of clinical professionals combined with leading-edge
technology makes UCLA Health the trusted destination for the most diverse and
complex cardiac cases.
You will provide critical patient care as you
support extracorporeal circulation and/or oxygenation, myocardial and/or organ
protection and preservation, blood component and drug/fluid administration. You
will be responsible for the assembly and operation of the heart-lung machine
and extracorporeal circuits, as well as the operation of heater, coolers and
cardioplegia delivery system, blood concentrators, coagulation monitors, and
long-term assist devices. This vital role may also include operating IABP, VAD
QualificationsWe’re seeking a highly-motivated, flexible individual with:
· A Bachelor’s degree with graduation from an accredited perfusion program
· ABCP and BCLS certification
· Experience with a variety of heart-lung machines, centrifugal pumps, IABP, implantable ventricular assist devices, intraoperative autotransfusion devices, blood saturation monitors, hemodynamic pressure transducers, ECMO, anticoagulation monitors, etc.
· Advanced knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry, including cardiac diseases, defects and congenital anomalies
· Knowledge of sterile and perfusion supplies, including extracorporeal oxygenators, tubing circuits, and cannulae for all patient populations
· Understanding of a variety of organ preservations
· Knowledge of blood products/components and plasma composition of the human body
· Exceptional communication, organizational, prioritizing and teaching skills
· Ability to learn and apply JCAHO, CDC, and AABB standards and protocols
· Knowledge of sterile techniques in the delivery of patient care
· Ability to work flexible hours as well as lift and move objects/equipment weighing up to 350 lbs.
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles, as well as the highly-respected David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.