ResponsibilitiesAs our Per Diem Medical Assistant, you will provide medical assistant support in the Gonda Vascular Surgery Clinic & APU. In this role, you will be responsible for stocking and setting up exam rooms, preparing instruments and/or equipment, checking in patients, taking and recording vital signs and recording medication. You will also prepare for and assist physicians with procedures.
*Per Diem, may become career
Qualifications* Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments.
* Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomology and life threatening medical problems.
* Demonstrated ability to administer medications.
* Ability to use computerized patient care systems.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Demonstrated ability to order medical supplies and maintain adequate inventory.
* Organizational skills to facilitate smooth work/patient flow.
* Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow.
* Knowledge of safety requirements when handling Biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
* Excellent phone skills to communicate effectively.
* Skill to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills.
* Interpersonal skills to interact with patients and all staff in a courteous manner.
* Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
* Medical assistant diploma/certificate from a secondary, post-secondary, or adult education program in a public school authorized by the Dept. of Education, in a community college program provided for in the Education Code, or a postsecondary institution accredited or approved by the Bureau of Post-secondary and Vocational Education in the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.