Center for Prehospital Care (CPC) is the leading emergency and prehospital
academic center on the West Coast. We are dedicated to advancing
the systems and methods of EMS and teach, test, and certify the
people who provide care to the ill or injured prior to hospital admission.
EMT Clinical Instructors II provide skills presentations, andinstruction in our
basic life support programs including Emergency Medical Technician
(EMT), EMT recertification, and First Responder Medical Training
for more than 1,000 students every year. EMT Clinical Instructor
II's must work a minimum of six 4-hour shifts per month. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to: providing demonstrations, and
instructing students on the application of equipment and performance of
practical skills, acting as a student advocate in the learning
process, creating an active learning environment, ensuring course
requirements and objectives are met, and assisting in the development
of educational objectives as well as testing methods.
a 10% per diem position.
Qualifications• Current AHA Basic Life Support for the Health Care Provider (CPR) certification, CA EMT certification, or Paramedic license.
• Minimum of one year of EMS work experience in the field.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
• The ability to follow through with minimal direction.
• Valid unrestricted CA Driver's license, ability to drive personal vehicle to off-campus locations, flexible schedule, and be available to work weekdays, week evenings, and weekends.
• The candidate will have the ability to frequently sit, walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pound, and can involve climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing (including the ability to perceive differences in colors, shades, or harmonious combinations or to match colors is required).
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.