ResponsibilitiesPerforms administrative and clinical duties including, but not limited to: screening and directing all incoming calls, assists staff by placing outgoing calls to families, physicians, other hospitals, agencies
Assists patients during transfer procedure/discharge including personal items and equipment.
Assist RNs with bedside nursing care and perform and record patient vital information and initiating chart assembly and assist with observation of special equipment, tubes and drains and assists with care of prosthetics and support devices as directed i.e., traction, CPM machine, crutches, polar ice, PCA, IV pumps
Prepares daily OR schedule for PTU/PACU and secures bed placement for AM admits/OP/OPON and is responsible for maintaining daily log of daily post anesthesia patients.
Provide patients’ personal hygiene including oral care, skin care, etc. and ensure patients comfort and safety
Orders department supplies via EMPAC as determined by department needs. Accepts all supply deliveries and maintains file of received vs. ordered supplies. Reports and follows-up broken equipment/supplies to specific department
Assists in housekeeping duties as assigned
Utilizes role models and promotes excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers
Qualifications· Current California CNA Certification OR current enrollment in state approved nursing program with a minimum of one completed Med/Surg rotation
· Current BCLS certification from the AHA or ARC
· Skill in evaluating and reporting various kinds of emergent information pertinent to the functioning of an inpatient care unit.
· Demonstrates knowledge of patient identification policies
· Ability to communicate on a one-to-one basis the duties of a ward secretary to float personnel and other staff members. Skill in responding to inquiries, imparting information and interpreting hospital policies and procedures to patients, public and staff in prompt
· Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
· Understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.