ResponsibilitiesParticipate in the total patient care in the ambulatory setting, recognizing normal
and abnormal signs and symptoms and life threatening emergencies. Act as a
staff person in the office, assisting in patient care, and maintain high
standards of care in the community offices.
Qualifications• Ability to travel to Westwood/LAX locations for mandatory 2 or 4-week training upon hire.
• Current and valid CPR certification with ability to administer CPR
• Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG.
• Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures such as, but not limited to audiometry, spirometry, O2 saturation levels, skin tag and mole removals, ear lavage, colposcopies, flexible sigmoidscopies.
• Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
• Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency
• A medical assistant diploma/certificate from a secondary, post-secondary, or adult education program in a public school authorized by the Dept. of Education, in a community college program provided for in the Education Code, or a post-secondary institution accredited or approved by the Bureau of Post-secondary and Vocational Education in the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
• Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs or more.
• Demonstrated completion of ten clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests, and/or ten clock hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood, and satisfactory performance by the trainee of at least ten each of intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and ten skin tests, and/or at least ten venipuncture and ten skin procedures.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.