About Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital located in Ahoskie, NC. The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
Ahoskie, NC is ideally located an hour from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and two hours from Raleigh, Richmond, Williamsburg, and the beautiful Outer Banks of NC. Ahoskie offers a moderate cost of living, a strong sense of community, and a temperate climate and location to support a variety of year round outdoor activities, such as boating, kayaking, hunting, fishing, hiking, and golf.
Responsible for assessment, treatment planning and execution of Occupational Therapy treatments. These services are based on the patient/family preferences and the developmental needs, medical conditions and diseases as they affect patient care and recovery.
The staff therapist will be responsible for maintaining patient care documentation and adherence to documentation guidelines. The staff therapist shall provide patient care following development of a treatment plan completed considering the patient's problems as related to occupational performance.
1. Responsible for assessing, developing and carrying out appropriate treatment plan meeting the developmental needs, medical conditions and diseases as they affect patient care and recovery.
2. Responsible for maintaining patient care documentation in adherence to documentation guidelines.
3. Responsible for a patient caseload and meeting productivity expectations.
4. Participates in patient care staffing and assist other team members in understanding the patient's barriers as related to the patient's occupational performance.
5. Responsible for the safety of patients assigned to him/her while they are in the patient treatment areas. Also must be aware of the overall safety conditions in the treatment areas as they relate to the staff and occupational therapy patient caseload.
6. Responsible for his/her attendance at program staff meetings and follow through on assigned tasks.
7. Expected to actively participate in establishment of program/department goals and objectives, program development and In service training.
8. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the patient.
9. Responsible for the safety and effective use of volunteers assigned.
10. Assist the Supervisor in developing and supervising assigned personnel.
Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy with a Bachelor's, Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy is required.
Progressive and dynamic knowledge of Occupational Therapy and a willingness to participate in continuing education, to remain current in new theories of treatment. Ability to work with other health care professionals in a manner that will ensure continued cooperative efforts is required.
Must have successfully passed the exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
OT licensure or eligible with State of North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy (NCBOT).
This is a prn (on an as needed basis), non benefit status.
For additional information, please contact:
Gloria Jones, Recruiter
Tel: (252) 413-9204