Biomed EngineeringTech II - (200001OP)
Seeking a biomedical engineering technician (BMET) 2 to support the Children's National Extended campus's across the region. This position is based out of Fairfax VA but travels throught the DMV area to support various clinics and surgery centers operated by Children's National. The appropriate candidate will have experience supporing through repair and preventative maintenance various types of medical equipment. The ideal candidate is motivated, takes initiative and is a self starter.
The Biomedical Engineering Technician ll will provide preventive maintenance inspection on medical equipment to meet regulatory and department goals. Will regularly visit and work with customers within the hospital to ensure the medical equipment is meeting the needs of the department. Will operate Test Equipment necessary to perform inspection and preventive maintenance. Will lead, follow, and understand manufacturer schematics to repair medical equipment. Will provide repair and maintenance of medical equipment. Will troubleshoot problems, provide customer with communication as to status, document the work, and follow-through in a timely manner. Will also participate in various levels of medical equipment selection, installation, setup, and disposition of the medical equipment. Will monitor and evaluate the quality of service and documentation provided by manufacturers and third-party service groups.
Vocational Education - HS diploma, GED or equivalent required, plus completion of a two year vocational/technical program or AA degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years - At least 3 plus years of experience inspecting, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing the following types of Medical Equipment: physiologic monitors, various styles of infusion/ feeding pumps, electrocardiographs, blood pressure monitors, infant incubators, radiant warmers, electrosurgical units, electric beds, nurse call systems, cribs, steris scope washers, OR Lights, OR Tables, defibrillator monitors, patient scales, hypo/hyperthermia equipment, physical therapy equipment, sterilizers, misc. equipment used in the OR, and some clinical laboratory equipment, such as centrifuges, incubators, slide stainers,
Required Licenses and Certifications
Valid drivers license to operate hospital vehicles. Required
AAMI CBET Certification - Preferred
1. Troubleshoot and repair complex electronic and electromechanical biomedical equipment to sub-ssembly level.
2. Performs preventive maintenance, QA inspection, calibration and electrical safety test on a wide variety of biomedical equipment.
1. Prepare purchase order requests for repair parts, to include vendor selection and follow-up and ensure parts have been delivered and installed.
Internal and External Communication
1. Routinely contact requestor regarding assigned work order to notify receipt and estimated time of arrival.
2. Communicate to requestor steps for completion of work order and provide any follow-up information.
3. At all times represent the engineering staff in a professional and helpful manner.
4. Communicate with staff and management to solve problems and improve processes.
5. Support the work efforts of the team.
6. Assist new team members with general information when necessary.
1. Take the initiative to identify and report deficiencies in the physical plant of the hospital.
2. Diagnose and resolve trouble ticket/work orders thoroughly until completed.
3. When necessary, routinely follow-up with manager to communicate or request assistance in order to complete work orders.
4. Follow-up with requestor after completion of a work order to ensure problem has been corrected.
5. Routinely utilize all safety measures as related to work orders and specific task.
Safety and Emergency Response
1. Comply with all safety regulations to include but not limited to hospital regulations, OSHA and other applicable guidelines.
2. Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
3. Communicate effectively to other biomedical engineering personnel in regard to hazards associated with biomedical equipment testing in the shop.
4. Act as a member of the internal engineering emergency response team.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
ROC - Fairfax
3023 Hamaker Court Suite 300
: Allied Health
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8am - 4pm
: Dec 2, 2020, 2:50:51 PM