The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures including ABG, PFT’s, and various forms of ventilator support, oxygen and aerosol therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy and airway maintenance. You will be expected to be proficient with the respiratory assessment and respiratory treatment of both adults and neonates. These procedures are performed under the indirect supervision of the department’s medical director, according to departmental policies and procedures. The RRT must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, understanding and ability to care for patients of all age groups; and be sensitive to the diverse and unique needs of patients based on age, sex, race and culture.
Your Job Requirements:
- Current license in good standing as a Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) by the state of Texas
- Current BLS certification required
- ACLS, NRP, PALS where applicable certification — must obtain within 1 year of hire
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- If Certified, must be Registry eligible and obtain Registered status within 6 months of hire.
- At least 6 months respiratory care experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Performs respiratory therapeutics to include oxygen administration and weaning, aerosol and humidity therapy, IPPB, Inc Spirometry, airway maintenance, bronchial hygiene, chest physiotherapy, CPR and mechanical ventilation.
- Performs and reports prescribed cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures to include arterial blood gas analysis, pulse oximetry, pulmonary function studies, and electrocardiograms.
- Prepares a treatment evaluation to include a bedside respiratory physical assessment, patient interview and a review of patient’s medical record.
- Perform appropriate actions using critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to interpret the CXR, ABG, and PFT’s when reviewing patient data.
- Assembles, checks, operates and troubleshoots all cardiopulmonary equipment such as artificial airways, ventilators, oxygen analyzers, oxygen delivery devices and blood gas analyzers.
- Participates in tasks related to infection control, safety and quality assurance.
- Performs required cleaning and maintenance of all cardiopulmonary equipment and work areas.
- Utilizes appropriate customer scripting as evidenced by observation and improved patient satisfaction.
- Perform other job duties as required