The Pharmacy Tech will provide superior customer service to external and internal clients and patients. You will assist in performing paraprofessional tasks that will ensure a high quality of pharmacy service including procurement of supplies, purchasing records, financial records/payments, assists pharmacist with filling new prescriptions, refills.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma is required
- 2 year Pharmacy Tech work experience.
- Registered technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Pharmacy student with current Pharmacy Intern license.
- Basic financial and accounting skills are desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate on all levels, bilingual is especially helpful.
- Typing and Computer Skills: Knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in medication order entry, charging, and assists in filling all patient orders.
- Process claims electronically in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs all associated duties in order to assure completeness and correctness of all claims including updating and correcting claim data according to established procedures on various computer systems information facilitating maximum reimbursement.
- Develops good judgement in organizing and prioritizing workload to meet department needs.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area; restocks medications.
- Assists in maintaining inventory levels and checking for expired medications.
- Assists in the procurement and stocking of pharmaceuticals, over the counter and supplies.
- Keeps up-to–date on legislative / provider changes that can affect billing procedures.
- Communicates any changes or updates in policies for accurate billing.
- Accurately balances and reconciles cash register, credit cards/check.
- Deliver deposits in a timely manner.
- Performs any miscellaneous duties as assigned.