Works under the supervision of the Radiology Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Radiology. Transports patients to and from nursing areas to the department for procedures. Assists in clerical areas of the department. Maintains assigned equipment.
1. Maintains a positive work environment by demonstrating positive interpersonal relations with co-workers, physicians, patients and others.
2. Supports and follows hospital, departmental and regulatory policies and procedures.
3. Transports in-patients from nursing units to Radiology for procedures and back to units after procedures, following hospital policies and protocols regarding the transport of patients.
4. Escorts and assists outpatients as necessary.
5. Maintains and fills the departmental liquid oxygen containers according to established protocols.
6. Checks transport equipment daily and reports any malfunctions immediately to the supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Experience in a medical environment