CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER - Neurology
Days - Full-Time
Landon Center on Aging
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Clinical Social Worker for the Neurology clinic is responsible for providing clinical social work services to patients and families and acting as an advocate to help clients to access resources while confronting their personal issues such as mental illness, addiction and abuse. Provides individual psychotherapy, family therapy and group therapy.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Assesses patient and/or family biopsychosocial needs and develops treatment plan in concert with physicians and other providers.
- Provides individual psychotherapy, family therapy and group therapy utilizing evidenced based therapies to address psychiatric illnesses.
- Documents patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation results, observations, progress in medical record.
- Serves as a resource to other staff on community resources in area of specialty.
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, and community to provide quality care and address client needs.
- Provides clients with community resource information.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Two years experience in social work. Additional year of experience in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of social work principles and practice. Stays abreast of state of art in field.
- Knowledge of how to use variety of diagnostic tools and techniques including DSM V.
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of information/referral systems.
- Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LMSW – Kansas) (LCSW – Missouri)
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to understand and speak English
- Basic typing and word processing ability
- Social work in medical setting.