ResponsibilitiesIncumbent will perform duties as an Operating Room Assistant to include: patient care; blood products, specimens, and equipment transport; equipment maintenance, environmental sanitation, restocking supplies, cleaning soiled supplies, storing and distributing anesthesia support materials. Other duties include, but are not limited to customer service and departmental efficiencies.
Qualifications· Physical requirements: Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 50lbs. or more. Dexterity to operate equipment.
· Awareness of potential exposure to injury of hazardous materials. Knowledge of disinfectants germicides, and sterilants.
· Knowledge of department specialty equipment (name, storage location, use, basic function, and trouble-shooting)
· Knowledge of infection control, AORN, and AAMI standards related to job function
· Knowledge of government regulations: JCAHO, OSHA, Waste Management
· Consistently demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Actively participates in Quality Management and PIE programs.
· Knowledge of Operating Room zones (unrestricted, semi-restricted, and restricted)
· Knowledge of patient needs based on developmental and chronological age and surgical specialty service (i.e. transport of patient, positioning, etc.). Knowledge of disinfection principles and use of disinfecting agents.
· Knowledge of basic principles of aseptic technique as applicable (i.e. tying sterile surgical gowns, donning sterile gloves). Skill in operating an addressograph machine. Able to fulfill call requirements and responsibilities.
· Knowledge about General Surgery cases regarding equipment, positioning, specific needs, supplies, etc.
Preferred: Previous Hospital OR experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.