ResponsibilitiesProvide general administrative support and manuscript editor support to the Office of the Chairman of
Radiological Sciences. Major functions include: independently researching, organizing and integrating data for reports and manuscripts.
Perform research, composition and editing of manuscripts for the Chair. Taking minutes at faculty meetings, composing notes and appropriately distributing. Using problem solving and analytic abilities, collect and analyzing data for Department, University and School of Medicine reports, surveys and questionnaires.
Minimal direction for assignments are given. A high level of independence and responsibility are required to prioritize all duties and
Qualifications1. Typing skills to prepare business correspondence and reports with speed and accuracy using
appropriate computer programs.
2. Skill in word processing. Ability to operate a computer using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and
Power Point etc.
3. Ability to independently and creatively organize and analyze information and material.
4.Ability to work varied schedule as needs arise.
5. Skill in summarizing and extracting content of correspondence, reports, and articles without
change of meaning.
6. Skill in editing of manuscripts for publication with ability to correct spelling, punctuation, syntax,
and organization without any change of meaning.
7. Skill in writing to prepare grammatically correct business correspondence, reports memoranda,
with correct spelling, punctuation and syntax.
8. Skill in working as a team member in joining with colleagues to establish and maintain cooperative
9. Working knowledge of UC Academic/Medical Center and School of Medicine Policies and
Procedures and appropriate use of forms and computer programs.
10. Skill in reading to permit comprehension of administrative policy manuals, correspondence and
11. Ability to make travel arrangements and prepare necessary reimbursement documents.
12. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly on a one-to-one basis to obtain and provide information
to represent the Chair in person and over the phone using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to
obtain and convey information.
13. Possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal with people from varied backgrounds including
faculty, staff, patients and administrators.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.